Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Living in the moment because I can't express the future or the past. .

Slovene language is CrAzY!! In English, we have six standard personal pronouns. I, You, He/She, We, You all and They. In Slovene, they have special pronouns for when only two persons/objects are present. They call it dual, and Slovene is the only language to use this type of structure. For example:




Medve is 'we' for two people. Vidva is 'you all' for two people. Onidve is 'they' for two people. The rest are in the same order as the English pronouns posted above.

Before I left the US, and I told people I was going to learn Slovene. . they would comment on how hard it was to learn. I understand now!! In Slovene, all the adjectives and objects change endings based the type of sentence.
This is white coffee: To je bela kava.
I would like a white coffee: Želim belo kavo.

When the direct object is a feminine word, all the a's flip to o's.
This is probably boring. . and none of you care to learn Slovene. . so I will simply show you two of my recent writing assignments.

Moj Izlet

V ZDA ponavadi grem na izlet spomladi. Spomlad, moja sestra in jaz sva šli v Florido. Spali sva v zelo dobrem hotelu. Jedli sva morske sadeže, pili sva tropske pijače in sva plavali v morje. Sva kupili parfum, sončna očala in uhana. Sva kupili pijače medtem ko sva plavali na bazen. Stroški za pijačo so bill 20 evro!! Izlet je bil drag!
My Trip (We are learning how to express the past tense)

In USA it is common to go on a trip in the spring. Last spring, my sister and I went to Florida. We slept in a very nice hotel. We ate a lot of seafood, drank tropical drinks and swam in the ocean. We bought perfume, sunglasses and earrings. We bought drinks while swimming in the pool. The drinks cost $30!! It was a very expensive trip!

Praznik

Za mojo družino, naš priljubljen praznik je neodvisnost dan. Pred 4 julij, moja celotna družina potuje na Kansas. Moja babica živi na kmetiji na Kansas. Vsako leto, moja družina imam veliko zabavo na praznovanje. Jemo meso z žara, pijemo kolo in gledamo ognjemet. Naši sosedje pidejo gledat ker vejo vedno imamo velike ognjemeti. Jaz mislim naš pokazat je bolje kot Strokovni sejmi. Mi imamo veliko zabavo.
Holiday (November 2-3 were National Holidays in Slovenia similar to Memorial Day)

For my family, our favorite holiday is independence day. Before the 4th of July, my entire family travels to Kansas. My Grandmother lives on a farm in Kansas. Every year, my family has a large party to celebrate. We eat barbeque, drink cola and watch the fireworkds. All our neighbors come to watch our fireworks because we always have a big show. I think our show is better than professional ones. We have a huge party.

Sorry I didn't post any pictures. I lent my camera cord to my other american friend here. On Friday we're going to visit some caves. Slovenian caves are a pretty big tourist attraction. I'll blog about it. ASK ME QUESTIONS!! OTHERWISE I WILL KEEP POSTING BORING STUFF!! AND ALSO, PUT YOUR NAMES ON YOUR COMMENTS TO I KNOW WHO TO SEND NASTY-GRAMS TO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment