Thursday, September 24, 2009

Love at First Sight














I was not impressed at all by Trieste. It was crowded and dirty. The buildings were falling apart. It was the most unkempt European city I've ever seen. I didn't take very many pictures.

I arrived by bus this afternoon to Ljubljana. IT'S AWESOME!! Everyone here is soo nice. It's so beautiful and CLEAN. Totally the opposite of Trieste! I kind of feel like I'm at Disneyland!! Tomorrow I am going to the student office to see about getting an apartment. A Turkish girl in my room said that she got a double room within walking distance of the university. She also said that they only took like 3 days to find her a flat!! I'm worried though because she's here on a program supported through the university. I'm not sure if I'll get the same privileges.

The architecture is a lot like the Czech Republic. The advertising and types of products offered are also similar. I guess there's also a MEXICAN restaurant in town. Someone said it was really good. I'll have to see!

2 comments:

  1. So where is the walmart.. I never see any walmarts.. or macdonalds, or subway.. geezz who can live with out subway!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing with those of us who do not have your sense of adventure. So glad things are going well. Keep strong and don't forget to be safe.

    ReplyDelete