Saturday, September 26, 2009

No longer homeless.

























There are two given factors any time Mallory studies abroad:
1. Her power converter will be a piece of crap.
2. Her bed will inevitably be broken.
This morning I checked out of my hostel and took a cab to my flat. After unpacking all my stuff, I took a bus to the local mall. It took me like a month to find the mall in the Czech Republic. Everything here is just so easy!! Anyway, I bought a power converter for my laptop (no worries dad, you don't have to send me one), an alarm clock, a cell phone, a hair dryer and a straightened. I now have a flat, a phone number and friends. I'd say I'm a well established lady!!

The pictures above are obviously of my flat and flat mates. Milo (in blue) is from Serbia, Zarko (in black) and Ezgi (in red) are from Montenegro. They are all Erasmus students studying Economics at the University of Ljubljana.

I got home and started getting settled. The best part about having guy flat mates. . they fix everything! Milo set up my cell phone and Zarko hooked up my power converter for my laptop. They all tried to fix my bed. Our landlord is coming on Tuesday to look at the bed. WHY MUST THE BED ALWAYS BE BROKEN??

Tonight we all went out to dinner at a "mexican" place. The nachos were recognizable, but most entrees included turkey meat. They did have real sour cream though. After dinner we had coffee in the old part of Ljubljana. I'll have to take some pics there later.

The past couple of days I have really tried to get everything accomplished, so I haven't had any time to just do nothing. Last night I did go out with this Australian guy from my hostel. We were talking and ended up joining up tables with a few Slovene students. They're in the Law Faculty at the University of Ljubljana. Anyway, we exchanged facebooks and I hope to hang out with them again.

4 comments:

  1. ok.... so where is the shower?? LOL.. dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it mal!!!
    i misses you bunches
    you wouldn't be mallory if all your beds started out broken.
    ---Mallory goes lay on bed after 35 hours of travel----- *BUST*
    (Morgan Laughs)
    ---Mallory sleeps on floor


    keep the pics coming! love it


    . morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember watching HGTV and the apartments they featured in International House Hunters? Well, that is exactly what your apartment looks like. You must feel right at home.
    Watch Elijah reading my initial attempts at brailling on my facebook if you are able. He is such a little smartie.
    Love, Your shopping buddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write more...I have been waiting for more news for several days

    ReplyDelete