Saturday, October 10, 2009

Getting Settled






















I apologize for the random order of the photos. The uploader on blogger.com has changed and is not user friendly.

Every Friday, my school has some kind of cultural activity/excursion. This past Friday, we learned a bit more about my beloved Ljubljana. Most of the pictures are from this trip with my classmates. After the field trip, we went back to my friend Sybil's flat and had coffee. The pictures of food and Miljan (my roommate) cooking are from a "family" dinner we had the other night. (Mom - I can officially say we've cooked and had a meal in our flat!)

3 comments:

  1. In general we really think so about Americans (that they don't know geography). Also in my faculty professor told us that few years ago were 2 Americans and they needed a month to realize that they are in Europe. They were sure that Slovenia is somewhere in Central Asia! LOL :D

    Also there is not so many American tourists in Slovenia and people get some general opinion about Americans if they see people like were in my faculty.

    On general we don't like your policy/government specially G.W. Bush. Once was a survey on one of the most visited web page in Slovenia about who is the greatest terrorist in the world. Guess who won? Bush :D
    But we don't mind if you are American, Canadian, Spanish etc. ;)

    Now I'm in a rush :)
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you went not in search of sex. Wow I didn't see that coming. Yes my chin hair is gone. I miss you! If you think Americans are bad then listen to the new song by bowling for soup called "no hablo ingles." Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you're dead on with your theory. there's a reason for stereotypes. but then there are the exceptions of course. i know we live on the planet earth shared by all and even though we tend to stick to our own neighborhood, to be truly good neighbors, we have to learn about and visit with each other. this way we can really learn to care about each other. nice pics!

    ReplyDelete