Monday, October 5, 2009

School Days

My school building

My class (and classroom). Together we are 9 students.


My friend Adel. She like my Hungarian Kim Crispin!!
My teacher and I. I told her I wanted to take a picture to prove to my parents that I go to class. She said "this only proves you showed up one day." She's a smart lady.
My friends Alenka and Marta.
Sorry that I haven't blogged in so long. I had a bad cold, which I promptly gave to my roommates. Last night before dinner, we all took shots of Nyquil (My supply is dwindling).

Every morning, we start school at 9am. From 10:30-11:00 we have a coffee break. We usually go to a little cafe nearby and have bela kava (coffee with milk). None of the cafes nearby have good coffee. Only the cafes down by the river in old Ljubljana are very good. I miss Starbucks. :P We resume class at 11:00 and finish by 12:30.
School is going very well. I like the pace at which we study. I can say things like - my name is. . I am from. . my phone number is. . my address is. . my e-mail address is. . Today we started learning verb structures. It's an interesting class because we have people from all over the world. There are 3 Americans (me and a missionary couple), 2 Brazilians, 2 Hungarians, a Colombian and a Belgian. The class is taught mainly in Slovene, but they explain things in English. Some of the students don't speak English well, but it works because there is at least one other student who speaks their native language. For example, the Belgian girl speaks very little English, but one of the Brazilian girls also speaks French. So she can explain things to her in French.

I have several friends at school but also many friends that I met through my roommates. I am never really lonely, because if I feel like doing something I have a few different people I can call.

In other news, our washer machine is fixed!! Turns out we only needed to plug it in. We don't have a dryer though, so I still must hang my clothes to dry.

That's all I can think of right now. I was told that I take crappy pictures (which I'm finding out is pretty true), so I will post some pictures from the internet.

Post questions on my blog. This will help me think of things to write about!! Also, write your name on your comments so I know who wrote what. Hvala!! (Thank you)
I also have an address now. So if you would like to send me something, just ask!

In the center of Ljubljana. There are several bridges that come together to make a square. Right off the square is this pink church.


Cafes and restaraunts by the river. The pictures with Marta and Alenka were taken near here.


Dragon bridge. The symbol for Ljubljana is the dragon.

3 comments:

  1. With all your complaints about the washer.. all you had to do was plug it in. Hahaha! I love it. I have exciting news for you Mallory!!

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's better. I want to see pics of your nightlife.

    p.s. Morgan's exciting news is that she's pregnant.

    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the weather like? This is Diana (too lazy to open yet another email account)

    ReplyDelete