Monday, October 19, 2009

Slumber party


Ljubljana Castle









If you can see a strange, white, triangular shaped building in the top right of this picture. . that's right next to my very square, very normal building.

There were 4 weddings at the Castle last Saturday.



And a "boyscout" accordion band.



Kate, Michelle and Kerri - the three American girls discussed in blog. .

I APOLOGIZE that it has been 9 days since I last blogged. I did however, send out postcards. Some of you should be receiving them shortly.

Sooo I'm pretty sure that I'm officially homesick. Not in the sense that I want to come home, but in the sense that all I want to do is play on the Internet and sleeep. Ironically, the more free time I have the more I feel like I have no time. I might as well be working full time and going to school full time.

This past weekend some couch surfers stayed with us. Couch surfing is an online website where you can meet people from different cities and stay with them for free. My friend Sybil was supposed to host 3 girls from the US (studying in Prague) but she ended up having to go to Croatia, so I took them in. It was pretty much a weekend slumber party. Being with them allowed me to be a tourist in Ljubljana. I actually went to Ljubljana Castle, which I can see from my window every day but have never visited.

In Slovenia, they raise horses for food. Horse is a very popular meet. I haven't decided whether or not I will try a horse burger. A friend told me that they should only be eaten when drunk, because they are too disgusting to be eaten otherwise. For me, the next step after horse would be dog, and there's no way I'd ever eat a dog.

Morgan Kenney sent me a package with birthday and Halloween cards, mixed tapes (love it), Halloween decorations and Reese's chocolate. I tried to give some of the chocolate to my roommates. . but Miljan took one bite and said "this is why Americans are fat." Ohhh what nice boys I live with!
This is all I can think of right now. Ask interesting questions and you shall receive an interesting answer. <3>

1 comment:

  1. Remember how I would never try a horse burger? Let me know how that goes if you ever eat one.
    *bluhhh* Slight upchuck in my mouth.

    Love, Morgan

    ReplyDelete